POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Speaking of conspiracy theories : Re: Speaking of conspiracy theories Server Time
5 Sep 2024 23:13:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Speaking of conspiracy theories
From: Tim Cook
Date: 1 Aug 2009 19:40:09
Message: <4a74d259$1@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott wrote:
> No, it means we need to use it for what it is useful for, and not
> exaggerate that, and when we find a disparity in development, we figure
> out *why*, not just pigeon hole the person in the "they are genius", or
> "they are special ed", category. This isn't what happens though.

Point, but <whine>that costs money!</whine>

*Taxpayer* money, most often, being the sticking point there.

Plus you need a whole gaggle of qualified people for each individual
case, at this point in our knowledge of "why" brain things happen, to
get a decent understanding of how to not just stuff them in a proverbial
little box.  And nobody wants to pay for that.

--
Tim Cook
http://empyrean.freesitespace.net