POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Speaking of conspiracy theories : Re: Speaking of conspiracy theories Server Time
5 Sep 2024 23:17:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Speaking of conspiracy theories
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 1 Aug 2009 16:16:34
Message: <4a74a2a2$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> Patrick Elliott <sel### [at] npgcablecom> wrote:
>> Warp wrote:
>>>   I hate to be a grammar nazi, but those quotation marks take most of the
>>> seriousness of your writing away. I really think you should avoid misusing
>>> them.
>>>
>> Then don't be. I typed the bloody thing five minutes before leaving for
>> work, so didn't notice the problem.
>
>   I am going to sound like a jerk again, but I have always wondered if
> some people just type their message as fast and carelessly as they can,
> and only *then* they go through it and correct all the spelling and
> grammatical mistakes. That feels a bit counter-productive to me. Why not
> write it properly right away? That would save time and effort.

Sounds good, but.. Well, frankly, as I said, in this case I was in a
rush to go out the door. If I took that sort of time, I wouldn't have
made it to work on time, or would have had to come back later, and hope
the power didn't go out, etc., losing the message. :p And, just because
I don't stutter any more, doesn't mean I don't think, never mind type,
the same as I used to. lol

>>>   In these types of sentences putting a single word in quotes usually means
>>> that you are using euphemisms or irony, that you are not literally meaning
>>> what the word is saying.
>>>
>> Been, there, been told that, trying to stop doing it, but also tired of
>> people whining about misused quotes, instead of the content of the post.
>
>   But since I'm not whining about the content of your post that means that
> I have nothing to object to it. Isn't that a good thing?-)
>
>   Besides, this is exactly the second time I object about someone here
> misusing quotes in the history of the server. Hardly seems constant whining.

I am probably the same someone. lol

--
void main () {

     if version = "Vista" {