POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Christian Conspiracy Question : Re: Christian Conspiracy Question Server Time
9 Oct 2024 04:01:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Christian Conspiracy Question
From: David H  Burns
Date: 1 Aug 2009 10:15:38
Message: <4a744e0a$1@news.povray.org>
Probably, but how real are their fears. There are certainly a lot of
"practicing atheists"
(i.e people who live as if they believed nothing) who don't see to be
especially "discriminated
against". I have a friend who is definitely an atheist and makes no
secret of it. He claims to
be discriminated against, but I've seen no sign of it. The best concrete
evidence he has been
able to give me is that people invite him to church or try to "convert"
him. He believes in, or claims
to believe in, all sorts of "Christian" conspiracies from the White
House under Bush to the
management where he works, though he seems to have been above average in
receiving the
credit, honor, and promotion due him for his excellent work.

It quite possible that if he lived in a small less educated community,
his fears might be more realized,
but I think not -- or if he had an offensive personality.

David