POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Windows Graphic Programming : Re: Windows Graphic Programming Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:19:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Windows Graphic Programming
From: Neeum Zawan
Date: 31 Jul 2009 20:10:17
Message: <4a7387e9@news.povray.org>
On 07/31/09 15:27, Darren New wrote:
> Only if you want to take advantage of it. Find an old copy of MS-DOS,
> boot it, and suddenly programming will be easy again.

	Are you kidding?

	I'd love to see what happens if I boot MS-DOS on my P4 2.53 GHz. How
will it handle my video card? RAM? I suppose that 640K thing is there,
but what if I want to use stuff like smartdrv and access higher memory?

	Heck, the "complicated" programming of today may be easier than booting
to DOS.

	(And yes, DOSBox is cheating).

--
Give a man a fish and you feed him for one day. Teach him to use the Net
and he won't bother you for weeks.