POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Windows Graphic Programming : Re: Windows Graphic Programming Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:16:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Windows Graphic Programming
From: Darren New
Date: 31 Jul 2009 18:08:23
Message: <4a736b57$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>> Note that stdio programs are just as
>> easy as they used to be.
>
>   Well, that depends. If your CLI program wants to eg. take advantage of
> multiple processors, it will usually be a bit more complicated. (Although
> some programming languages make this a bit easier.)

True. Let's rephrase as "if you want your programs to do the same things
they did under MS-DOS, they're just as hard to write now and no harder."

My point is that programming has gotten easier over time (such as with the
invention of OOD, sophisticated IDEs and debuggers, etc) but the ambitions
have grown greater.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    back to version 1.0."