POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Speaking of conspiracy theories : Re: Speaking of conspiracy theories Server Time
9 Oct 2024 02:32:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Speaking of conspiracy theories
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 31 Jul 2009 17:33:30
Message: <4a73632a$1@news.povray.org>
Tim Cook wrote:
> Patrick Elliott wrote:
>> I think Bush was a borderline idiot
>
> Much as we like to insult politicians, I doubt Bush was even close to
> being a borderline idiot; my understanding is that 'idiot' is (or was,
> back in the day) a clearly delineated statement of particular mental
> ability reserved for people with genuinely *really low* IQs.  And, to
> reference wikipedia, "In the early 1900s, Dr. Henry H. Goddard proposed
> a classification system for mental retardation based on the Binet-Simon
> concept of mental age. Individuals with the lowest mental age level
> (less than three years) were identified as idiots; imbiciles had a
> mental age of three to 7 years., and morons had a mental age of seven to
> ten years.  IQ, or intelligence quotient, is determined by dividing a
> person's mental age, as determined by standardized tests, by
> chronological age. The term "idiot" is sometimes used to refer to people
> having an IQ below 30."
>
> So...yeah.
>
> --
> Tim Cook
> http://empyrean.freesitespace.net
People that believe in IQs are idiots too. lol

But seriously, I think the rules on that are just a bit flawed. Its
possible to be well educated, very good within the scope of your own
little world, knowledgeable about a narrow number of things, and still a
total half wit when dealing with things "outside" your understanding.
Bush's understanding seemed to be limited to right wing Bible, war
heroes from old movie plots, and big business. Everything else, he was
clueless about.

--
void main () {

     if version = "Vista" {