POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Speaking of conspiracy theories : Re: Speaking of conspiracy theories Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:26:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Speaking of conspiracy theories
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 31 Jul 2009 17:30:32
Message: <4a736278$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> Patrick Elliott wrote:
>> bullshit, but that is a different issue), where one of their reporters
>> tries to get a clear answer from people on "if" Obama was born in the
>
> Yes. Someone asked "Is he a citizen?"  Answer: "No, he shouldn't be
> president because he wasn't born here."  Then they asked "So he's an
> illegal immigrant? We should deport him back to Kenya?"  All of a
> sudden, there's much more waffling.
>
> Sort of like the pro-life protesters, when you ask "so we should put the
> mothers in jail, right?"

Yeah. Never mind that, much as in the case of some of the stuff they
want to ban on the pro-life side, the answer is both completely wrong,
but their theories on what constitute "born in", or "citizen", are not
even correct. I like how someone points out that McCain was born in
Panama. Mind, it was a US occupied part, at the time, but it still
wasn't a state in the union, and so.. does it really qualify? Same
irrelevancy. One or more of his parents where citizens, so it wouldn't
matter if he was born of fracking Mars, he is still a citizen. But,
since all the evidence is that Obama either "was" born in Hawaii, or his
family managed to bribe a dozen news papers, and the Hawaiian
government, somehow, to lie about it 35+ years ago, its bullshit anyway.
If anything, McCain could be considered a better case, since we "do"
know he wasn't "physically" even on the same continent, at the time.

Its all quite absurd.

--
void main () {
     if version = "Vista" {