POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Windows Graphic Programming : Re: Windows Graphic Programming Server Time
5 Sep 2024 11:23:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Windows Graphic Programming
From: Warp
Date: 31 Jul 2009 15:06:54
Message: <4a7340ce@news.povray.org>
> http://www.popsci.com/node/31716

  Btw, it really amuses me when the Moon landing conspiracy theorists make
the point that the lunar lander computers had less computing capacity than
a modern cellphone, like that was some kind of proof that the landings were
impossible.

  These people have clearly not seen any 4k intros (it's really amazing how
much functionality you can squeeze into 4 kilobytes of code), or tried to
find out how much hardware a cellphone really has.

  (Personally I see it the other way around: I'm amazed at how much
computing power there is in a device which you can hold in your hand.
Technology has really taken huge leaps.)

--
                                                          - Warp