POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Speaking of conspiracy theories : Re: Speaking of conspiracy theories Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:27:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Speaking of conspiracy theories
From: Tim Cook
Date: 31 Jul 2009 01:02:23
Message: <4a727adf$1@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott wrote:
> I think Bush was a borderline idiot

Much as we like to insult politicians, I doubt Bush was even close to
being a borderline idiot; my understanding is that 'idiot' is (or was,
back in the day) a clearly delineated statement of particular mental
ability reserved for people with genuinely *really low* IQs.  And, to
reference wikipedia, "In the early 1900s, Dr. Henry H. Goddard proposed
a classification system for mental retardation based on the Binet-Simon
concept of mental age. Individuals with the lowest mental age level
(less than three years) were identified as idiots; imbiciles had a
mental age of three to 7 years., and morons had a mental age of seven to
ten years.  IQ, or intelligence quotient, is determined by dividing a
person's mental age, as determined by standardized tests, by
chronological age. The term "idiot" is sometimes used to refer to people
having an IQ below 30."

So...yeah.

--
Tim Cook