POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Quick C language-lawyer question... : Re: Quick C language-lawyer question... Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:11:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Quick C language-lawyer question...
From: TC
Date: 30 Jul 2009 22:35:45
Message: <4a725881$1@news.povray.org>
I once bought Zortech C for the price of a new PC just because it promised
easy access to large memory chunks, so I could address the whole 16MB of
memory the PC had. A broken promise, btw...

Well, thoses were the times of Turbo C, Turbo Pascal, 20 MB harddisks and 1
MHz processors...

BTW: my first computer was a VIC with a whole 5 kB main memory. To draw
complex graphics (like a monochrome sine curve ;-) you had to fill the video
memory with a sequence of ASCII chars, map the dot-matrix for those chars
(8x16 dots) to memory, and then redefine the respective rectangular
dot-matrices so that a graphical output would happen. If you have done this,
everything windows throws at you is just a minor nuisance ;-)