POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Signs you're doing it wrong... : Re: Signs you're doing it wrong... Server Time
5 Sep 2024 11:21:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Signs you're doing it wrong...
From: Warp
Date: 30 Jul 2009 14:03:29
Message: <4a71e071@news.povray.org>
> When the only documentation for your library is sample code...
> ... that doesn't work
> ... and for which you don't supply source code

  What really grinds my gears is the phenomenon during recent years of
libraries appearing on the net which have no documentation, no introductions,
no tutorials and no sample code. The sole "documentation" the library offers
is a doxygen-generated listing of all classes and functions (hundreds of
them), in no logical order (except alphabetical, which is useless) and
usually completely uncommented.

  Probably nobody but the author himself knows how to use the library.

  What's the point?

--
                                                          - Warp