POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Straight Dope : Re: Straight Dope Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:15:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Straight Dope
From: David H  Burns
Date: 30 Jul 2009 11:47:14
Message: <4a71c082$1@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott wrote:
> Darren New wrote:
>> Patrick Elliott wrote:
>>> while the key feature of religion is, "There is one right and true
>>> way, so failing to follow it is automatically wrong."
>>
>> Nope. That's the key feature of monotheism.
>>
> Ok, minor point, but not always true. Hindu isn't mono-theistic, yet it
> still manages to generate nuts that think the solution to catching up
> with the US is "Vedic Science" and "Alchemy", and that the western
> versions of science are all "wrong", because they don't embrace total BS.

I think we can probably say that the human race is capable of generating
"nuts"
with or without the help of "religion". And it is certain that no matter
what one believes,
there will always be those who regard on as a nut. :)

A lot BTW: there is a SF/fantasy story by Isaac Asimov, I think, about
this man
who lives in mortal fear of being carried off by squirrels. Finally he
is. ;)

David