POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Straight Dope : Re: Straight Dope Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:15:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Straight Dope
From: David H  Burns
Date: 30 Jul 2009 11:22:44
Message: <4a71bac4$1@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:
> "David H. Burns" <dhb### [at] cherokeetelnet> wrote:
>> I have accepted the media usage too, although I believe the fundamentals
>> of Christianity, I
>> would now hesitate to call myself a fundamentalist.  "Fundamentalist"
>> and "fundamentalist" have been
>> destroyed as useful descriptive terms and become largely pejorative. :)
>
> .... also, some christian fundamentalists might consider "the fundamental of
> christianity" to be a different set of things than you do ;)

Indeed they must. To me some of the clearly fundamental thing, spoken by
Jesus
himself, are "Love your neighbor as yourself", "Do unto others as you
would have
them do unto you.", "Love your enemies.","Do good to them that
spitefully and hatefully
use you.", "Become as little children.", et cetera. True these are not
all of Jesus'
teachings, but they are a major part. It seems to me that anyone who
doesn't observe
a least these doesn't make a very good showing as a follower of Christ.
Of course they
may be only immature. :)

David