POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Christian Conspiracy Question : Re: Christian Conspiracy Question Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:20:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Christian Conspiracy Question
From: Patrick Elliott
Date: 29 Jul 2009 18:03:44
Message: <4a70c740@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:
> Mike Raiford <"m[raiford]!at"@gmail.com> wrote:
>> clipka wrote:
>>
>>> Read John's Apocalypsis, particularly the sections about the Big Bad Beast
>>> apparently conspiring to unite all nations against God's Good Guys.
>> Er, right... because we can't have all nations uniting to bring world
>> peace, or something like that. It just doesn't make sense that the
>> altruistic goal of peacful unity could be considered evil.
>>
>> I realise, of course, that world peace is improbable, we as humans will
>> always have something to squabble about.
>
> That's not the way those particular type of christians you were talking about
> are thinking.
>
> They do interpret John's Apocalypsis to be a prophecy, and they expect things to
> happen as described there (or as they read them to be described there).
>
> This, most particularly, includes a world-wide government by the bad guys
> persecuting God's chosen ones; only after that most glorious battle at
> Harmagedon would this be overthrown, and replaced by another world-wide
> government of the Messiah himself.
>
> So whatever first world-wide government there would ever be, according to
> fundamental christian's interpretation of the bible, those must be the bad guys
> mentioned in John's Apocalypsis.
>
> That's the answer to your question. Not my invention, so don't shoot the
> messenger.

Given how much time these same morons spend trying to turn everyone
Christian, fund the UN, and force everyone to be American like, I have
always been rather confused as to why they ***possibly*** imagine
themselves to be on God's side, instead of the Beasts. lol

--
void main () {

     if version = "Vista" {
       call slow_by_half();