POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Engineering perfection : Re: Engineering perfection Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:11:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Engineering perfection
From: Florian Pesth
Date: 29 Jul 2009 17:34:51
Message: <4a70c07b$1@news.povray.org>
Am Wed, 29 Jul 2009 17:14:47 -0400 schrieb Warp:

> Florian Pesth <fpe### [at] gmxde> wrote:
>> How to do it right:
>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bMbGJQR_uI
>
>   That video looks stupid... until you see that other video which you
> posted about the guy using scissors to try to open it, and failing.

I think they are two problems with that particular design (in general I
think the design works quite well - thats why the other video looks
stupid):
1. The flaps are to small to apply force at the edge (I think, they made
the folding part of the milk carton to small, maybe they did so in order
to reduce the height and therefore the storage space)
2. They don't trust the glue to be weak enough to tear open at the force
and rely on an overly complicated design where you have to remove the
glued strip part - this leads to a bad edge over which you can't pour the
milk.
In practize it has never been a problem for me, that the glue is to
strong.