POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The wonders of Wal-Mart : Re: The wonders of Wal-Mart Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:16:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The wonders of Wal-Mart
From: Darren New
Date: 28 Jul 2009 11:48:47
Message: <4a6f1ddf$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>> If you mean the "+1", it's social bookmarking convention.
>
>   I meant that, and I still don't get it.

It's an upvote. Not unlike saying "LOL" after, but not quite as funny?

On sites like Digg and Reddit, when you see something you like, you click a
button that adds one to it, and the things with the highest score (i.e., the
most upvotes and fewest downvotes) is what winds up on the front page.

+1 is the online equivalent of the golf clap.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    back to version 1.0."