POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Straight Dope : Re: Straight Dope Server Time
5 Sep 2024 11:20:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Straight Dope
From: David H  Burns
Date: 28 Jul 2009 11:39:37
Message: <4a6f1bb9$1@news.povray.org>
Chambers wrote:
> http://www.cracked.com/funny-44-conspiracy-theories/
>
> My favorite quote:
> "Conspiracy theorists view logical argument as cheating."
>
> Although the rest of the page is pretty good, too :)

Almost everybody, at some time or other, views logical arguments against
his(or her) position as cheating. It *is* probably true that a master
logician can
pull the wool over most of our eyes. And of course there is no logical
counter
to pure nonsense. Conspiracy theories are addictive; they give the believer
such a feeling of superiority -- but so is debunking. :)

David