POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tell me it isn't so! : Re: Tell me it isn't so! Server Time
10 Oct 2024 01:13:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tell me it isn't so!
From: Invisible
Date: 28 Jul 2009 04:49:45
Message: <4a6ebba9$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:

>   Overall, BASIC programs were quite hard to read and understand. Most
> editors in the old days did not support such a basic technique as code
> indenting (iow. even if you tried to indent the code manually, the editor
> didn't support it and you couldn't). This means that every single line of
> code started from the same column, which made reading long nested blocks of
> code a bit difficult.

I am 75% sure that the C64 would *automatically* indent your code. As
in, if you wrote a FOR-NEXT loop, the loop body would automatically
appear indented, and there was nothing you could do about it.

But sure, the whole concept of using line numbers for editing, must less
flow control, is fundamentally flawed...