POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tell me it isn't so! : Re: Tell me it isn't so! Server Time
10 Oct 2024 03:18:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tell me it isn't so!
From: David H  Burns
Date: 28 Jul 2009 02:48:07
Message: <4a6e9f27@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:
> the file to look at there is "pvdisplay.cpp" in the
> "windows" subdirectory, which defines a WinLegacyDisplay object (well, an
> object class, to be precisely).

Well, it *is* complicated. I'm still not convinced that, even with
legacy considered,
that it need be so. But since it is, that's what I'll have to work with.

The 3.6 code that I have doesn't have "pvdisplay.ccp"
but I take it that the code wherever it is (pvengine, I suspect) is
similar. It looks like
I am going to have to delve into the mysteries of WINAPI (which I have
already looked
into a little.) Your post should help. Unfortunately Microsoft
documentation is rather obscure
too me, and I don't read well for very long on a computer screen. It's
gonna be a long learning curve, the
question is, is it worth it? I'm beginning to think not. But, then, when
once mastered, I should be
able to write routines that could with relative ease be adapted to about
any language. I need
not fear that they won't work on future Windows versions, because unless
I go completely senile,
I will *never* purchase another Windows machine! Even now I'm wondering
if graphic programming
with a Mac is this complicated.

Thanks a lot. I will study this and will no doubt have "stupid"
questions. :)

David :) :)