POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tell me it isn't so! : Re: Tell me it isn't so! Server Time
10 Oct 2024 09:17:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tell me it isn't so!
From: David H  Burns
Date: 27 Jul 2009 19:08:58
Message: <4a6e338a$1@news.povray.org>
Neeum Zawan wrote:

>     I can sympathize with David. As a kid, graphics was one of the fun
> things about BASIC/QuickBasic.

I'm still kid and hope to remain one eternally. But in the work I did in
science
and engineering,graphical and image displays were almost essential!

  No book I picked up covered what I thought should be straightforward:
How do I
color a pixel on the screen.

Yes!! My experience exactly, except that I have never found out how to
plot a pixel colored
or not on XP. (It was easy enough in DOS). But it can be done, is done,
all the time. Pov-Ray
does, but so far I haven't been able to find anyone who can tell me how.

>     I didn't have Internet access, nor did I know anyone who knew much
> programming, so no one pointed me to better ways to do graphics in C,
> nor was I aware of other languages where it may be easier.

I haven't been able to find it on the internet either.

David