POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tell me it isn't so! : Re: Tell me it isn't so! Server Time
10 Oct 2024 15:17:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tell me it isn't so!
From: Darren New
Date: 27 Jul 2009 13:34:41
Message: <4a6de531@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:
> For quite a while you didn't get any programming language for free with
> IMB-compatible PCs when they replaced home computers as the private man's

I'm pretty sure you still had GWBasic in ROM. Indeed, that was one of the
reasons people wanted a "real" IBM PC and not just a "compatible" - you
could build the same hardware, but you couldn't include the GWBasic ROMs, so
code that called into the ROMs (for things like trigonometric functions etc)
wouldn't work on a "clone" at first. (Or was it "QuickBasic"?)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    back to version 1.0."