POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Microsoft Arrrrggghhh! : Re: Microsoft Arrrrggghhh! Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:13:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Microsoft Arrrrggghhh!
From: Darren New
Date: 27 Jul 2009 11:50:17
Message: <4a6dccb9@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>> Oh, hell. My number one pet peeve... Move a directory, or like 200
>> files. ***One*** frakking file, like 21 files in is "in use" by some
>> process some place, and you don't remember that,
>
> Worst is when it's actually *Explorer* that has the file open, to show a
> thumbnail or read properties of whatever...

Yeah.  Plug-ins can do this too. We use "zip genius" at work, and half the
time I can't copy a zip file because the genius is doing something with the
file, and I have to open a command prompt to delete it. (I'm guessing the
genius is reading thru the TOC any time it's selected in explorer or
something. No idea, but it's very annoying.)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    back to version 1.0."