POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tell me it isn't so! : Re: Tell me it isn't so! Server Time
10 Oct 2024 17:21:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tell me it isn't so!
From: David H  Burns
Date: 27 Jul 2009 05:00:07
Message: <4a6d6c97$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> David H. Burns wrote:
>> that those who talked that way rightly perceived it as a
>> threat to their elite status and so its development was squelched.
>
> And not because of any of the dozens of *actual* reasons that have been
> described over the years.  No, just a conspiracy by the elite to make
> you, David Burns, feel bad that programming is hard. <plonk>

<plonk>??
No, "conspiracy" is much too strong a word. People of similar interests
often work toward
similar ends  without "conspiring" together or even knowing one another.
Real conspiracies
(outside of politics) are probably rather scarce. In any case my brief
account of my opinion
is false because it is too simplistic. It may, in fact, be that it's
always wrong to assign motives
or even"*actual* reasons" to account for past events.
There does however seem to be a conspiracy among keyboards to make David
Burns feel bad
by typing the wrong letter. ;) :)

David