POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Sneaky Giant : Re: Sneaky Giant Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:20:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sneaky Giant
From: Darren New
Date: 26 Jul 2009 12:28:50
Message: <4a6c8442$1@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:
> I bet they don't stand a fair chance, however, to reduce the cross-section of an
> airplane carrier to anything a missile could not lock on.

I don't know. It might make it easier to jam the missile, or (and from
simple visual observation of where the magic padding is applied) it makes it
hard to detect the part sticking up in the middle with all the honchos and
electronics in it, compared to the rest of the ship. So, in other words,
maybe the idea is to get you to blow up the flight deck instead of the
bridge, for the same reason you don't give the general a rifle and put him
on the front line to help out.

If I knew why they did it, I wouldn't be able to tell you.

> "They also used a fleet of small boats to determine the position of Blue's ships
> without being detected"

Sure. They were also simulating guerrillas without a lot of expensive tech,
in a bay. (I.e., something like Iran "terrorists" fighting in the Persian gulf.)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    back to version 1.0."