POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Microsoft Arrrrggghhh! : Re: Microsoft Arrrrggghhh! Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:16:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Microsoft Arrrrggghhh!
From: Darren New
Date: 26 Jul 2009 12:21:14
Message: <4a6c827a$1@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:
> Interesting thing I always wonder, what does Windows Explorer do when it
> "prepares to copy" files?

I'm assuming it's counting up sizes so it can give you an estimate of how
long it'll take. It's also pretty annoying that now when you move a
directory to another place on the same disk, or into the recycle bin, it
usually winds up counting something instead of just moving the one
directory. Weird.

> But noooo...

Wait for Windows 8?  That sort of stuff is pretty hard to get right,
generally speaking. Vista is still better with this stuff than XP was.

Heck, I'd be happy if the little pieces of paper stopped flying from one
folder to the other when the copy actually broke. WTF good is a progress
indicator that runs regardless of whether you're making progress?

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    back to version 1.0."