POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Microsoft Arrrrggghhh! : Re: Microsoft Arrrrggghhh! Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:14:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Microsoft Arrrrggghhh!
From: Darren New
Date: 26 Jul 2009 12:17:21
Message: <4a6c8191$1@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:
>>> I think someone told that the reason was that they only designed boxes
>>> with two buttons. So apparently the graphics design artist got priority
>>> over useablility.
>> More like "we already have a library routine for 2 buttons" than something
>> graphics design, perhaps.
>
> Actually, "we already have a library routine for dialogs that show a message and
> a choice of buttons from "Ok", "Yes/No", "Yes/No/Cancel" and the like.

Well, yes.

Just as bad are the dialog boxes that have "yes/no" or "ok/cancel" when what
they really want is "save/discard" or "really save as plain text and lose
the formatting" vs "change the format of the saved file so you don't lose
formatting". :-)

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    back to version 1.0."