POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tell me it isn't so! : Re: Tell me it isn't so! Server Time
10 Oct 2024 15:16:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tell me it isn't so!
From: David H  Burns
Date: 25 Jul 2009 21:05:57
Message: <4a6babf5$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> David H. Burns wrote:
>>> It is fundamentally difficult.
>> I disagree strongly!
>
> How much do you know about it?

I have programmed a lot, albeit all small stuff. More complex programs
are of course more difficult
and OOP may be justified if it makes that more easily. Programming
should not be restricted
to "professional programmers" anymore than writing a paragraph should be
restricted to
professional writers!

>> And applied mathematics is in general not fundamentally difficult.
>
> Sure. That's why they teach it in grade school.

Now you're just being silly! In fact they *do* teach it in grade school.
Two apples plus
three apples equals five apples.

I think I'm going to cut out. This thread has become to personal.
It was fun though. Thanks to all who participated! :)

David