POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tell me it isn't so! : Re: Tell me it isn't so! Server Time
10 Oct 2024 13:11:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tell me it isn't so!
From: David H  Burns
Date: 25 Jul 2009 19:21:40
Message: <4a6b9384@news.povray.org>
Chambers wrote:
> David H. Burns wrote:
>> Your points are well taken, I should have said programing is not
>> *fundamentally* difficult.
>> A particular programming task may be difficult
>
> This, to me, sounds like saying "Chess isn't hard, only the opponents are!"

This is a poor analogy. In chess the major difficulty is the opponent,
but there is no opponent
in programming. But pursuing it anyway, the rules and moves of chess are
relatively
simple. One can easily learn and use them, however the rules and moves
*could* be made so
complex that it would be almost impossible to play even against an easy
opponent.

David