POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Sneaky Giant : Re: Sneaky Giant Server Time
5 Sep 2024 11:26:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sneaky Giant
From: David H  Burns
Date: 25 Jul 2009 18:40:41
Message: <4a6b89e9$1@news.povray.org>
Chambers wrote:
> clipka wrote:
>> How can you be stealthy about an *Aircraft Carrier*??
>
> Because the closest an enemy is likely to get is several dozen miles
> away (and most of the time, they'll be a few hundred), you actually have
> a pretty good chance.

I suspect that "stealthy" here is an advertising buzz word (i.e hype)
having very little meaning,
though it probably entails a lot of extra expense and useless hardware
-- and extra large
profits for the builder. But then, since underwater torpedoes reported
have the range of hundreds
of miles, anything confusing their sonar might improve the targets
survivability (another buzz
word).

David