POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Microsoft Arrrrggghhh! : Re: Microsoft Arrrrggghhh! Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:20:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Microsoft Arrrrggghhh!
From: Darren New
Date: 25 Jul 2009 12:47:48
Message: <4a6b3734$1@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott wrote:
> already in use", it gets completely stupid, and won't copy any other
> files either. Sigh...

Yeah. Or it copies a bunch of files, then stops and says "this one is read
only" (Move them all!), then another bunch and says "this one is encrypted"
(move the all, dammit!), then anoother bunch that says "this one is a system
file" (you just won't listen, will you!?).  :-)

> and I still use the older
> PSPX version for all my editing, since it doesn't have this problem.

Yes. The file manager is a lot more annoying in X2. Why can't they just give
you the standard open-file browser that would let you pick pictures outside
the "my pictures" directory?

The scripts aren't nearly as good, either.

> Mind you, the MS file handling annoys me a lot more, since I can't
> downgrade to a version that doesn't bloody do it. lol

The only reason I bought the new version is the old one would crash on Vista
if you modified a bunch of files and then said "close, saving them all."

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    back to version 1.0."