POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Torturing the CPU : Torturing the CPU Server Time
5 Sep 2024 11:24:20 EDT (-0400)
  Torturing the CPU
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 24 Jul 2009 15:27:29
Message: <4a6a0b21@news.povray.org>
Ok, so I've decided to use Prime95 to hammer the CPU for a while

Some observations from SpeedFan:

* Core 2 is consistently the hottest.

* Core 3 is consistently the coolest.

This is a case with tons of fans in it... lol. I'm betting it's about

* Either I've botched the install of the stock heatsink, or the stock
heatsink is barely adequate. Max observed core temp so far is around

* The system is stable. No errors yet. There's no sign of throttling down.

* The weird thing is when the system is idle, it does throttle down the
processor. I've seen it run at around 1.8ghz when there is no load.

--
~Mike