POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Microsoft Arrrrggghhh! : Re: Microsoft Arrrrggghhh! Server Time
5 Sep 2024 11:20:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Microsoft Arrrrggghhh!
From: Darren New
Date: 24 Jul 2009 11:20:44
Message: <4a69d14c$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
> too hard to ask that it continues to copy other files while it is
> waiting for you to answer a question about one file?

I guess it'll get there eventually. :-) They *do* manage to improve it a bit
each time, except for the focus-stealing under Vista, which I heard they
claim is due to something about security but I can't imagine why stealing
focus could be more secure.

Got up this morning, computer said "You need to reboot to finish..."  OK,
reboot. Another 40 minutes of "installing #1, installing #2".  I understand
why you would want to reboot, but come on, put a checkbox on that says
"reboot automatically" on things that take hours to run after each
interaction. Sheesh.  </rant>

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    back to version 1.0."