POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tell me it isn't so! : Re: Tell me it isn't so! Server Time
10 Oct 2024 09:18:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tell me it isn't so!
From: David H  Burns
Date: 24 Jul 2009 11:02:54
Message: <4a69cd1e$1@news.povray.org>
Neeum Zawan wrote:
> On 07/24/09 07:38, David H. Burns wrote:
>>> Now you guys know how *I* feel when I try to tell people that
>>> functional programming is a good idea. ;-) Nobody ever seems to
>>> believe me...
>>
>> You encourage me. But we seem to be out of fad. ;-) :) (An attachment
>
>     Hardly, What you like is procedural. Functional programming is a
> whole other beast altogether, where you normally don't do explicit loops
> but use constructs like map, filter, etc. Lots of lambdas thrown in as
> well.

So your not out of fad. My ignorance is showing. I'm not a professional
programmer
and have done little except for my own amusement. That being so much of
your
terminology is unfamiliar to me. I think that this thread is the only
time I have
actually talked to anyone specifically about programming theory --
although I did
a lot of reading a number of years ago.

You encourage me anyway.

David