POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tell me it isn't so! : Re: Tell me it isn't so! Server Time
10 Oct 2024 05:19:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tell me it isn't so!
From: David H  Burns
Date: 24 Jul 2009 04:31:06
Message: <4a69714a$1@news.povray.org>
Chambers wrote:
> David H. Burns wrote:
>> What I have seen of OOP programming is something else.
>
> Just out of curiosity (but you keep saying things like this, so I have
> to ask), where have you seen OOP programming?

Your point is well taken. I have *never* seen OOP *programming*. I
looked at some
short OOP programs or excerpts in C++, python, and Visual Basic --
though I believe that the
earlier VB code that I have seen aren't really OO, but simply have some
of the trappings.
The "OOP" code I've seen in VB could have been written without the
OOP-like veneer.
To actually see OOP "programming", I suppose I would have to see some
one actually
coding in OOP.
  I don't want to have to write something like those programs, I have
seen to produce a Pov-Ray
script!

But, apparently, that is a worry for only the remote future.

David

David