POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tell me it isn't so! : Re: Tell me it isn't so! Server Time
10 Oct 2024 05:20:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tell me it isn't so!
From: David H  Burns
Date: 24 Jul 2009 03:53:18
Message: <4a69686e$1@news.povray.org>
Neeum Zawan wrote:

>     OK. Now I'm _really_ confused!
>
>     Was your initial concern that POV-Ray - the *software* - will be
> coded using OOP?
>
>     Or was it that the language that *users* of POV-Ray will have to use
> to describe their scenes will be OO?

That was my original concern but this thread seems to a mutated as
threads do.
Any opposition to OOP seems to arouse a lot of feeling.

>     Now if your concern is the latter (that you as a *user* will have to
> describe your scene using OOP), then your concerns are not entirely
> unfounded, but they won't be relevant for a while. 3.7 will allow you to
> code as you have mostly done.

Yes, I'm now told that a new scripting language is decades away so I suppose
my major concern is about 20 years or so too early. What language or
with what
"philosophy" Pov-Ray is coded in is of only minor concern, if the end
product remains
usable to me.

It's all been very interesting, though.

David