POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tell me it isn't so! : Re: Tell me it isn't C Server Time
10 Oct 2024 03:15:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tell me it isn't C
From: Chambers
Date: 23 Jul 2009 23:32:49
Message: <4a692b61@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:
> No, that was specifically in response to "I like header files because it
> gives me a nice summary of the functionality of the code." I'd rather
> have the specification of the code there once, and to have tools to
> generate documentation from the code, rather than to have the compiler
> require me to write the same specification twice just so it knows
> there's documentation.

Point taken.  I got in the bad habit of using my headers as my
documentation, and coding my implementations to match them, rather than
keeping the documentation separate :)

Of course, being Visual Studio, the Class explorer offers similar
functionality, but it's not in the same form I'm used to from looking at
header files.  Ah, well, I'll adjust eventually.

> I dunno - on big projects, I usually wind up writing a program that
> reads my .C files and generates the .H files automatically anyway. But
> then, I'm the kind of programmer who documents code before writing it,
> which is apparently terribly rare.

Yes, it is rare.  But good, so keep it up :)

--
Chambers