POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Turing determination : Re: Turing determination Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:15:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Turing determination
From: Darren New
Date: 23 Jul 2009 19:38:29
Message: <4a68f475$1@news.povray.org>
andrel wrote:
> skip part A, do something, skip part B, do something2 then second time
> jump to C and third time to D, jump to B, C: jump to A, D: continue
> having executed someting2 thrice.

You're going to have to be a bit clearer than that for me to follow exactly
what you meant, but Ok.

Even with that, the rule would mean you can't execute any instruction more
often than you have instructions in the program, since you can only branch
to each instruction at most once. Since programs are finite, you can't get
in an infinite loop.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    back to version 1.0."