POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tell me it isn't so! : Re: Tell me it isn't so!:Apparently it is! Server Time
10 Oct 2024 01:15:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tell me it isn't so!:Apparently it is!
From: David H  Burns
Date: 23 Jul 2009 15:44:48
Message: <4a68bdb0$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> David H. Burns <dhb### [at] cherokeetelnet> wrote:
>> Neeum Zawan wrote:
>
>>>     Try lying in front of the house when the bulldozers come. And if you
>>> see someone coming along hugging a towel, become friends with him.
>>> Otherwise your life will be in danger.
>>>
>>>     And not because of the bulldozers.
>>>
>> I'm not at all clear what this means. Submit to the destructors (or to
>> your fate)?
>> Do you mean OOP is a bulldozing machine predestined to level all. That
>> I'm an
>> obstructor of the progress man and should be removed? That my life is
>> in danger from irate OOP programmers? What did you mean?
>
>   Can I ask you how old are you?
>
>   You don't understand the concept of smileys, you don't understand the
> concept of object-oriented programming, and you can't even get a hitchhiker's
> reference.

True, I didn't recognize the reference to the Hitchhikers Guide and
wouldn't have
for a million years without your hint.  I have read it, saw the PBS
version and
had successfully forgotten them. And I didn't know how to make smileys,
if that constitutes
not understanding the concept. And I don't know much about OOP
programming, but
these exchanges have taught me a lot about OOP devotees.

I'm 63 over the hill and senile. Just an uncultured ignorant old retard
who needs to get out
of the way and let you young folk take over.

Can I ask how old you are? :)

David