POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tell me it isn't so! : Re: Tell me it isn't C Server Time
10 Oct 2024 01:15:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tell me it isn't C
From: Darren New
Date: 23 Jul 2009 14:57:35
Message: <4a68b29f$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   You said "That's an IDE issue, not a language issue." I read that to mean
> that a language (like C# in this case) doesn't need to be designed to be
> readable because an IDE can be used to make it readable.

No, that was specifically in response to "I like header files because it
gives me a nice summary of the functionality of the code." I'd rather have
the specification of the code there once, and to have tools to generate
documentation from the code, rather than to have the compiler require me to
write the same specification twice just so it knows there's documentation.

I dunno - on big projects, I usually wind up writing a program that reads my
.C files and generates the .H files automatically anyway. But then, I'm the
kind of programmer who documents code before writing it, which is apparently
terribly rare.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    back to version 1.0."