POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tell me it isn't so! : Re: Tell me it isn't so! Server Time
9 Oct 2024 23:20:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tell me it isn't so!
From: David H  Burns
Date: 23 Jul 2009 14:11:50
Message: <4a68a7e6$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> David H. Burns <dhb### [at] cherokeetelnet> wrote:
>> *I* don't think, naturally or otherwise, like any OOP programming I have
>> seen!! You may be trying to
>> read your on programming philosophy onto the world, or we may be of
>> different genera. :)
>
>   You clearly don't understand what "object-oriented programming" means.
> Then you come here to tell us that you don't want it, whatever it might be.

I have seen a number of object oriented programs. And I did not like
what I say.
They are pretty nigh incomprehensible to me. I know they were produced
(or claimed to
be produced) by object oriented programming. Now it's true that the
process of programming
is different from the program produced, but the product that I see gives
little indication that
  it was produced by thought processes like mine. I don't presume to say
that you don't naturally
think like object oriented programming, but since I have more experience
*my*mind than you,
I can assure you that I don't! I definitely would not like to see the
Pov-Ray scripting language
turn into something like those examples of OOP I have seen.

BTW I forgot one other possibility: You might be a genus. I once worked
with an old fellow who
was a near genus (at least) in programming. His mind seemed to work in a
way in almost diametrically
opposed to mine. Any time we tried to work together, we started with an
argument but ended
accomplishing our task. He' dead now; I wonder what he would have
thought of OOP, it might
have been his native language. :)

David