POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tell me it isn't so! : Re: Tell me it isn't C Server Time
9 Oct 2024 21:19:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tell me it isn't C
From: Darren New
Date: 23 Jul 2009 13:52:35
Message: <4a68a363$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>> That's an IDE issue, not a language issue. See, for example, Eiffel's IDEs.
>
>   IMO a language shouldn't rely on IDE or text editor features in order to
> be readable.

So you'd rather rely on the programmer doing a job the IDE ought to be
automating, just to insist it's there?

We're discussing basically manually built .h files vs automatically built .h
files, and you're suggesting that manually built .h files are better because
the compiler can force someone to provide them, whereas with an IDE they
might not have a nice summary?  I don't think you really mean that.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    back to version 1.0."