POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tell me it isn't so! : Re: Tell me it isn't so! Server Time
9 Oct 2024 21:19:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tell me it isn't so!
From: Darren New
Date: 23 Jul 2009 12:55:32
Message: <4a689604$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
>   Object-oriented programming closely matches the thought process of people.

I think it's more like how people categorize real-world stuff. Since a lot
of programming is essentially simulating the real world, OO makes sense.

There's a bunch of things that go on in the real world that don't make sense
to do with OO: expert systems, board game AIs, financial analysis,
accounting, etc.

There's a bunch of things that make sense with OO: Windowing system,
interactions between businesses and customers, etc.

To say "people think in OO" is to miss that in many situations people don't
think in OO.

>   This is the way people think naturally,

I would say this is *A* way people think naturally.  Something as simple as
a decision table or decision tree is another way people think naturally.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    back to version 1.0."