POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Hidden files mystery : Re: Hidden files mystery Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:14:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hidden files mystery
From: Darren New
Date: 23 Jul 2009 12:51:36
Message: <4a689518@news.povray.org>
gregjohn wrote:
> Q: How can you predict what will actually fit on a disk?   What measurement is
> absolutely correct?

It's not hard. You know what sectors you need to burn and how many sectors
are on the disk. K3b just has a bug. It's either not accounting for
fragmentation or not accounting for directory size. If you have directories
with huge numbers of small files, it could be either.

> I'm also wondering, if I were to delete thumbs.db's (across thousands of
> image-containing directories), how long until Windows puts them back.

Until you use the explorer to go back to that directory and browse the
images again, at least in XP.

--
   Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    back to version 1.0."