POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Hidden files mystery : Re: Hidden files mystery Server Time
5 Sep 2024 17:15:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hidden files mystery
From: Warp
Date: 23 Jul 2009 09:24:06
Message: <4a686475@news.povray.org>
gregjohn <pte### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> Originally, K3b, the Linux burning application, said I had 113 MB free space on
> the DVD during the burning operation.  So I added a bunch more files.   On the
> next draft, K3b said I had 10.3 MB free space. Whew!  Only when it went
> actually to start the burn, it said there wasn't enough room for the operation.
>   So I removed another 15 MB.  Same deal.  Then I removed more until it said it
> had 46MB free space. Then it worked.

  I have noticed the same phenomenon with k3b: It fails to account for some
extra data needed to burn the DVD (I assume it's probably some kind of
bookkeeping data or whatever which a data DVD needs) when it estimates
the space still available. If you fill it up completely, it will just say
it cannot create the DVD. You have to leave some space.

  I have always wondered why it does that. Maybe a bug or an oversight?

--
                                                          - Warp