POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tell me it isn't so! : Re: Tell me it isn't so! Server Time
9 Oct 2024 17:23:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tell me it isn't so!
From: Chambers
Date: 22 Jul 2009 21:22:24
Message: <4a67bb50@news.povray.org>
Invisible wrote:
> clipka wrote:
>
>> Once you've embraced the OO paradigms, you'll no longer wonder whether
>> it's a
>> step back or sideways - you'll know that it's a step forward.
>
> This is where I mutter something about functional programming being the
> future, and everybody agrees with me...

There is still some debate about that, of course :)

For one, OOP more closely models how many people think of problems,
while functional programming more closely models how mathematicians
think of problems.  It is not yet clear which one is better for managing
large, complex programs in general (especially since there are many
things a computer does that are still more closely aligned with
imperative programming.  These things are easier to wrap in OOP, which
has concepts for both data and actions).

--
Chambers