POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Evolution of species : Re: Evolution of species Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:28:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Evolution of species
From: John VanSickle
Date: 22 Jul 2009 20:43:26
Message: <4a67b22e$1@news.povray.org>

http://www.geneticarchaeology.com/research/Study_catches_2_bird_populations_as_they_split_into_separate_species.asp

>> We haven't seen it happen yet.
>
> Actually we have, dozens of times. This is just an example of "on the
> cusp." But that's OK. :-)

I notice how much of the reasoning here treats things that makes sense
and don't contradict the evidence as if they had actually been observed,
when in fact they have not.  For instance, this idea of this being a
cusp.  Even if it were, it could not be truly counted as observed until
it has actually passed, in which case we would no longer be "on the cusp."

Regards,
John