POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tell me it isn't so! : Re: Tell me it isn't C Server Time
9 Oct 2024 07:13:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tell me it isn't C
From: scott
Date: 22 Jul 2009 08:44:22
Message: <4a6709a6$1@news.povray.org>
> If you have automake, a few of those tasks become automated. But
> seriously, I'm used to having a language where you say "compiler my stuff"
> and it hands you a runnable program.

VS does most of that for you too (you just press F5 and it compiles and
links the lot, automatically only compiling files that have changed since
the last build), and you don't need to have separate header files if you
don't want to.  A lot of people just find it makes more sense to have one
file that neatly shows the interfaces and another to actually contain the
implementation code.

> I guess it's just finding the motivation to use a language which is
> over-complicated, unsafe and difficult when I could instead use one which
> is clean, simple and easy...

From my point of view Haskell looks over-complicated, difficult and slow,
but I suspect that's just because I haven't bothered to learn much about it.

Anyway, the motivation for you is all those job adverts you say you keep
seeing...