POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Rebel without a cause : Re: Rebel without a cause Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:24:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Rebel without a cause
From: Invisible
Date: 22 Jul 2009 06:28:19
Message: <4a66e9c3$1@news.povray.org>
Tim Attwood wrote:

> The trick to really looking fashionable is to change how
> you dress based on occasions.
> For example... only dress casual on Fridays, people
> will notice that more than if you dress casual all week.
> And it'll send a subconscious message to people that
> you have something better to do on the weekend.

Well, I tried this, and it seems to be working. (Or at least being
noticed...) Every Friday I come dressed down. Yesterday somebody
mentioned it.

Ah yes, that was fun... Yesterday I walked into the tearoom, and one of
the girls looked at me and hung her head in her hands, *crying* with mirth.

For about 10 minutes.

Apparently my trousers are too short. Well, whatever. Anyway, the girl
next to her complained that I should wear something more trendy, and the
first girl says "oh, he does a dress-down Friday every week".

So apparently I'm not as invisible as I thought. Well anyway, I'm
dressed down today, and second girly seemed to approve. (Hey, just
walking into the tearoom and got getting laughed at was good enough for
me...)