POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Tell me it isn't so! : Re: Tell me it isn't so! Server Time
5 Sep 2024 19:24:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tell me it isn't so!
From: David H  Burns
Date: 21 Jul 2009 21:07:49
Message: <4a666665@news.povray.org>
clipka wrote:

>> That could be true, but I'm skeptical. The "full power" users would
>> dominate and the
>> rest of us would be sidelined, as has happen in programming in general.
>
> I'm actually quite sure that something like this will happen -

So am I! More convinced than ever by this discussion!
except that I'm
> more inclined to think that instead of sidelining "OOP retards" (if I may use
> such an expression :)) it will instead introduce OOP concepts to them -
> provided they are willing, which I think is the major problem at least in your
> case. Nobody will ever convince you of the benefits of OOP if you refuse to
> give it a try; you won't see its advantages just from reading tutorials and
> other people's code.

You will pardon me if I resent being forced into something even if it is
"for my own good".
Those with power, especially those with illegitimate power are always
forcing someone to do
something "for their own good". So you would take control of a useful
tool and twist it into
an instrument to force us "retards" into accepting your philosophy!

You have already branded me off topic. So let's leave it at that.

(Frowny)