POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Twin lens reflex cameras : Re: Twin lens reflex cameras Server Time
5 Sep 2024 11:23:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Twin lens reflex cameras
From: David H  Burns
Date: 21 Jul 2009 19:38:59
Message: <4a665193$1@news.povray.org>
I'm guessing, but it's probably because, in the film cameras, anyway,
one looked and focused
through the single lens via a 45 degree mirror (reflector) which flipped
out of the way when the
shutter was released. A prismatic reflector reflected the light through
the view finder (and corrected
the image reversal caused by the first mirror). I don't suppose digital
SLR's need these mirrors;
perhaps they are called SLR's because the look like SLR's.

David